Chocolate porridge is the easiest and tastiest breakfast recipe you’ll ever make. Unbelievably creamy, with chocolatey flavor oatmeal porridge with plenty of delicious toppings will set the tone for the upcoming day. Start your breakfast the right way!
Very few ingredients, 10 minutes or less actually and you have the best and most delicious restaurant quality (and better!!) oatmeal porridge ready for breakfast. Here’s how to make it!
For this delicious chocolate porridge you’ll need 6 main ingredients:
- regular or nondairy milk
- coconut milk (if you want the porridge to be extra creamy don’t skip this step)
- vanilla extract
- high-quality cocoa powder
- oats (GF, if needed)
- maple syrup or honey
- toppings!!! My favorite toppings for this recipe are: raspberry or blackberry jam/marmalade, sliced banana, dark chocolate chips, warm peanut butter, almond flakes, and dried raspberry sprinkles.
Need a different visual? This recipe is also available as as story!
Step by Step Process
Add the milk to a pot and bring to a simmer. Add in the oats and a teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
Cook, stirring occasionally for the porridge not to stick to the bottom of the pot. Stir until the oats are creamy and have absorbed the liquid, about 5-8 minutes.
Add a little more liquid if needed. I usually add more because I like more liquid-y looking porridge.
Stir in cocoa powder, maple syrup (or leave it to drizzle on top later), vanilla, and coconut milk. Remove from the heat and cover for 2 minutes.
RECIPE NOTES AND VARIATIONS
- Another way to enjoy this healthy porridge is to add grated or finely chopped fruits and whole berries. You can add even frozen berries in the end, and let the porridge sit under the closed lid until fruit/berries will soften (when cooking is done and removed from heat).
- This recipe is delicious and filling plus you get a nice portion of daily nutrition needed like fruit and fiber at the same time. Feel free to swap pear with apple or have both!
- Add in organic chia seeds, flax seeds to make it an even more healthy meal.
This recipe makes about 2 small bowls of porridge or one large.
Like this chocolate porridge, you may also like these sweet breakfast ideas!
More sweet breakfast ideas?
I hope you enjoy this delicious Chocolate Porridge recipe!
What’s your favorite porridge? And toppings? Please let me know down below in the comments, I can’t wait to hear from you!
Thank you for reading,
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest! Your feedback is so important and it helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you, appreciated!
Chocolate Porridge (10 Minutes!)
- ¾ cup regular or nondairy milk
- ½ cup coconut milk if you want your porridge extra creamy don’t skip this, but it’s optional
- 1-2 tbsp high-quality cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup oats gluten-free if desired
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- toppings of your choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Add the milk to a pot and bring to a simmer. Add in the oats and a teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for the porridge not to stick to the bottom of the pot. Stir until the oats are creamy and have absorbed the liquid, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add a little more liquid if needed. I usually add more because I like more liquid-y looking porridge.
- Stir in cocoa powder, maple syrup (or leave it to drizzle on top later), vanilla, and coconut milk. Remove from the heat and cover for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to your favorite serving bowls and decorate with plenty of toppings, butter, pear butter, peanut butter, fruits and more.