Chocolate porridge is the easiest and tastiest breakfast recipe you'll ever make. Unbelievably creamy, with chocolatey flavor oatmeal porridge with plenty of delicious toppings will set the tone for the upcoming day. Start your breakfast the right way!
Very few ingredients, 10 minutes or less actually and you have the best and most delicious restaurant quality (and better!!) oatmeal porridge ready for breakfast. Here's how to make it!
Cook, stirring occasionally for the porridge not to stick to the bottom of the pot. Stir until the oats are creamy and have absorbed the liquid, about 5-8 minutes.
Add a little more liquid if needed. I usually add more because I like more liquid-y looking porridge.
Tips and variations
- Another way to enjoy this healthy porridge is to add grated or finely chopped fruits and whole berries. You can add even frozen berries in the end, and let the porridge sit under the closed lid until fruit/berries will soften (when cooking is done and removed from heat).
- This recipe is delicious and filling plus you get a nice portion of daily nutrition needed like fruit and fiber at the same time. Feel free to swap pear with apple or have both!
- Add in organic chia seeds, flax seeds to make it an even more healthy meal.
This recipe makes about 2 small bowls of chocolate porridge or one large.
Like this chocolate porridge, you may also like these sweet breakfast ideas!
Chocolate Porridge (10 Minutes!)
- ¾ cup regular or nondairy milk
- ½ cup coconut milk (if you want your porridge extra creamy don't skip this, but it's optional)
- 1-2 tablespoon high-quality cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup oats gluten-free if desired
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- toppings of your choice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the milk to a pot and bring to a simmer. Add in the oats and a teaspoon of salt and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for the porridge not to stick to the bottom of the pot. Stir until the oats are creamy and have absorbed the liquid, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add a little more liquid if needed. I usually add more because I like more liquid-y looking porridge.
- Stir in cocoa powder, maple syrup (or leave it to drizzle on top later), vanilla, and coconut milk. Remove from the heat and cover for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to your favorite serving bowls and decorate with plenty of toppings, butter, pear butter, peanut butter, fruits and more.
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)