Easiest baked camembert recipe EVER! Camembert cheese topped with thyme sprigs, honey, blueberries and baked until melty perfection. Delicious!
Oh my god, this recipe is so good!
ATTENTION! You'll want to make more than one of these baked ''lava cheese cake goodness'' because you may end up eating one all by yourself!
There is NO place for sharing when it comes to melted camembert cheese! 🙂
This recipe will satisfy all your dairy melting oozy cheese needs. Even though it’s a classical old recipe, it’ll never go out of fashion!
Celebrate National Prosecco Day in style with this beautiful snack/dessert recipe. Your friends and family will enjoy it so much that there will be nothing left. Promise you that!
Part of what makes baked camembert so good is it’s infused with different flavors. My favorite is a simple recipe with thyme or rosemary sprigs, honey, and topped with blueberries or raspberries.
For this recipe, I’ve used thyme because that’s what I have in my garden, but feel free to chose your favorite herbs.
What Ingredients you'll need for Baked Camembert Cheese recipe
Just 5 ingredients!
- Camembert cheese
- sprigs of thyme
How To make Baked Camembert With Pistachios And Blueberries
First things first, start with a round of camembert cheese. Score out a circle around the top first (I used a cookie cutter in circle and heart shape) and then just shave it off carefully.
It comes off pretty easily so you can do it with a small knife as well.
Add 1-2 fresh thyme sprigs, top with honey, and transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper or the same paper that your cheese was wrapped initially.
Bake in the oven at 390 F for about 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
Take out of the oven and serve immediately.
- As soon as your cheese is done baking, you’ll need to serve it immediately because this cheese settles quite quickly. If it does, just pop it back to the oven for 5 more minutes or so until it's melting again.
- If you have Brie, it will also work well instead of Camembert. These two cheeses are very similar. The difference is that Brie is a little creamier in texture and taste, Camembert has a stronger earthier flavor.
- If your cheese comes in a box, you can use it for baking as well.
- You can also use my strawberry rhubarb jam instead of honey and blueberries in this recipe.
What to serve with Baked Camembert?
- Prosecco or champagne is perfect! You can serve Camembert cheese with any kind of toasted bread from baguette to pitta for dipping. Cut the bread into small bite-size pieces, brush with olive oil and put it in the oven together with cheese. Bread will be nice and crisp to enjoy dipping in melted cheese and takes almost no time to prepare!
- Breadsticks are also good for dipping, as are cheese crackers.
- For a healthier version, you can cut strips of your favorite veggies and serve them raw with cheese.
- Puff pastry is also a great choice, either homemade or store-bought.
- Easy Berry Frozen Yogurt Cups
- Hazelnut Cherry Granola Bars (Gluten Free)
- Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Cookies With Cranberries (Flourless)
What toppings go well with Baked Camembert?
- Here are few of my favorite recommendations: dried cranberries, other dried fruit, and berries, fresh strawberries, pistachios, walnuts, peanuts, berry and fruit jams, grapes, olives, onion chutney, light dips.
- Roasted garlic (instead of berries layer)- chop 1 garlic clove into small pieces and add it on top of your cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 8-10 minutes or until garlic is caramelized.
What's your favorite baked cheese toppings? Do you prefer baked Camembert or baked Brie Cheese?
Baked Camembert With Pistachios And Blueberries
- 1 camembert cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2-3 tablespoon pistachios
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme (or rosemary)
- 1 handful of blueberries
- First things first, start with a round of camembert cheese. Score out a circle around the top first (I used a cookie cutter in circle and heart shape) and then just shave it off carefully. It comes off pretty easily so you can do it with a small knife as well.
- Add fresh thyme sprig, top with honey and berries and transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper or the same paper that your cheese was wrapped in initially.
- Bake in the oven at 390 F for about 8-10 minutes until slightly golden.
- As soon as your cheese is done baking, you’ll need to serve it immediately because cheese settles quite quickly. If it does, just pop them back to the oven for 5 more minutes and then enjoy.
- If you have brie, it will also work well instead of camembert. These two cheeses are very similar. The difference is that Brie is a little creamier in texture and taste, Camembert has a stronger earthier flavor.
- If your cheese comes in a box it’s perfect for baking too and you don’t need to take it out for baking.
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)