This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Creamy chicken with dried or fresh herbs of de Provence is a one-pan dish with rich flavor that no one in your family will be able to resist!
This chicken is cooked in a delicious creamy sauce full of flavorful herbs and has an irresistible garlicky flavor.
Even though it being on a higher scale of calories that I would normally eat, I still can’t resist preparing this recipe few times a month because let’s face it, we sometimes deserve a little delicious creamy treat!
Why We Love Creamy Chicken Herbs de Provence
Herbs the Provence are one of our family's favorite spices to use for cooking and various marinades.
For a stronger aroma and flavor I like adding fresh herbs to the mix which gives an amazing look and taste to the dish that actually looks like it came straight from the restaurant.
For the chicken, feel free to use any chicken parts.
Chicken thighs are usually more tender and tastier and are perfect for sauces.
What Is Herbs De Provence Made Of?
It is a collection of spices that are a mix of fresh or dried herbs.
There are different Herbs de Provence recipes available but the basic ingredients are the following:
basil, fennel, marjoram, parsley, rosemary, tarragon , and thyme.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Oregano Garlic Baked Chicken - truly cozy dinner meal with baked chicken, potatoes and cherry tomatoes
- Chicken & Broccolini with Dark Sauce - easy to make and full of Asian flavors
- Baked Trout In Honey Mustard and Soy Sauce Glaze - delicious baked trout in creamy honey mustard sauce
How To Make Creamy Chicken Herbs de Provence
1. Heat up the skillet and add olive oil.
2. Add chicken leg quarters and cook for 7 minutes over medium-high heat or until brown.
3. Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 min.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour into skillet and stir well until all the chicken is coated with the sauce.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Slowly pour 1 cup of hot water or hot chicken broth. Stir well.
6. Bring to boil and cook on reduced heat for 15 min.
7. Follow with mushrooms and Herbs de Provence spice. Cook more for 10 min.
8. Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and serve with rice immediately. Enjoy!
Have you tried Herbs de Provence before?
What is your favorite dish using Herbs de Provence? Please leave a comment down below, I can't wait to hear from you!
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Full Nutrition Disclaimer can be found here.
OUR FAVORITE ITEMS FOR THIS RECIPE
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you made this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Please tag me on IG @theyummy_bowl, using the hashtag #theyummy_bowl.
Creamy Chicken with Herbs de Provence
- 1 ½ lb Chicken leg quarters or thighs
- 3 tablespoon Herbs de Provence spice
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Chicken broth or water
- 2 Small onion
- 2 cup Mushrooms sliced
- 1 ¼ cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil for cooking
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Heat up the skillet and add olive oil.
- Add chicken leg quarters and cook for 7 minutes over medium-high heat or until brown.
- Add garlic and onion, cook for 2 min.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Pour into skillet and stir well until all the chicken is coated with the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly pour 1 cup of hot water or hot chicken broth. Stir well.
- Bring to boil and cook on reduced heat for 15 min.
- Follow with mushrooms and Herbs de Provence spice. Cook more for 10 min.
- Garnish with fresh parsley or basil and serve with rice immediately. Enjoy!