This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
This easy honey mustard soy sauce is tangy sweet and creamy – perfect for fish, roasted chicken, roasted veggies, chicken wings, wraps, sandwiches, salads and so much more.
Honey mustard is so versatile and pairs with so many dishes.
My favorite is roasted trout or salmon in the honey mustard glaze. Seriously, it’s the perfect combination.
Honey Mustard Soy Sauce Recipe
This sauce only consists of 4 ingredients.
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
How easy is that?
You more than likely have all the ingredients for this sitting in the kitchen.
How Do You Make Honey Mustard Soy Sauce From Scratch
In a jar or a small bowl mix together dijon mustard, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil. Give it a good shake and you’re ready to go!
Make the sauce in advance. It can be stored up to a week in refrigerator but for more fresh taste consume it in 3 days. Just make sure to use a clean jar covered with a lid or an airtight container and refrigerated.
P.S. Don’t have time now? Click on the pink button below to pin the post to your Pinterest Board and save for later!
What Does Honey Mustard Soy Sauce Taste Like?
Tangy, sweet, creamy, warm – these are just a few adjectives to describe this jar of deliciousness.
It’s a perfect blend of mustard, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil whisked until creamy texture.
In this sauce, mustard tastes more sweet than sharp because honey balances it out nicely.
The honey mustard sauce can be consumed cold or warm but the yummy taste really pops when cooking or baking it in the oven with fish or chicken.
What Do You Eat Honey Mustard Soy Sauce With?
- Chicken, chicken nuggets, chicken wings,
- Salmon, trout, seabags or any other cooked fish of your choice
- Use as a marinade for roasted meats, fish, veggies
- As a dressing for salads
- As a cold or hot dip for veggies
- As a condiment to cheese and tapas boards
- Tossed with vegetables before roasting
- Ham or any other sandwiches
- With mashed potatoes
Honey Mustard Soy Sauce Variations
- For my mustard lovers – add regular mustard with seeds
- make it hot – add chili flakes or chili pepper spice
- Reduce the honey quantity to bring out mustard taste more
- Add a bit of cider vinegar
- For a lighter taste use olive oil instead of sesame oil
Options are endless!
Thank you for reading!
Can’t wait to hear how your homemade honey mustard soy sauce turns out. Please let me know down below in the comments 🙂
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Your feedback is so helpful and helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you!
Are you interested in starting a food blog? You can start any blog for cheap, at only $3.95 per month (applies if you make a purchase for 36 months upfront using my link, which is a very low price!). Additionally, you’ll get a free blog domain if you sign up with Bluehost. Take a look at my full blog post I’ve written on how to start a blog.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you made this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Please tag me on IG @theyummy_bowl, using the hashtag #theyummy_bowl.
OUR FAVORITE EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
Easy Honey Mustard Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sesame oil or other natural flavor oil
- In a jar or a small bowl mix together dijon mustard, honey, soy sauce, sesame oil.
- Give it a good shake and you’re ready to go!