This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
This Easy Basil Pesto Flatbread is very simple to make and has all the best ingredients - cherry tomatoes, onion, corn, olives, garlic oil, spinach leaves, mozzarella.
This flavorful flatbread with roasted tomatoes will be the highlight of your dinner and will be gone from the table in seconds!
I have a confession to make, I recently became a fan of flatbreads. I’ve been experimenting with these quite a lot. You can expect more flatbread recipes to come!
These flatbreads are perfect if you need something really quick on the table for your family or friends. And let’s be honest, nowadays no one has time anyway.
Thankfully I have a solution for you!
You can easily whip up a few ingredients, make 2 or 3 flatbread crust in minutes. Love pizza? It's a recipe that you’ll definitely love to make.
Here’s my flatbread recipe you can use as a base, it’s super easy and no yeast required!
How To Make Easy Basil Pesto Flatbread With Roasted Tomatoes And Toppings
1.First, let's roast the tomatoes. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss with olive oil, (Italian seasoning blend - optional), salt, and pepper. You can also add some minced garlic, more herbs, and prepare it as you like it.
3. Next, transfer tomatoes to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. While your tomatoes roast, prep the remaining ingredients and the garlic oil. To make garlic oil add 2 tablespoon of olive oil to a small bowl, top with 2 minced garlic cloves, and set aside.
5. Spread the flatbread with pesto and top with mozzarella first, then add the grated cheese. Leave a bit aside to sprinkle on top of the ingredients. Then, add the remaining flatbread toppings.
6. Top with garlic oil and transfer to the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges golden brown. Dive in while it's hot!
*** See recipe card at the end of this post for ingredient quantities and detailed instructions***
What Sauces To Use For Flatbreads
- Garlic oil - add two or two-three garlic cloves to 2 tablespoon olive oil and let it sit for 15 minutes. (If you are in a hurry then 5 minutes should be enough as well).
- Classical tomato sauce - 2 tablespoon tomato paste, 2 tablespoon warm water, dried oregano, and basil herbs.
- Green pesto - there are so many! My favorite is homemade spinach pesto and basil pesto. You can easily find these in the store as well.
If you love this recipe, you might also like
- Quick And Easy Flatbread Recipe No Yeast
- Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad
- Easy Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad
- Arugula Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Almonds
What Toppings To Add To Flatbread
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Roasted chicken in paprika sauce or Chicken tikka masala with your favorite veggie toppings.
- Mediterranean flatbread - spinach pesto, basil, olives, artichoke hearts, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, parsley
- Make sweet flatbread - Top up with berries, cheese (blue cheese, goat cheese, brie or Camembert - these cheeses are perfect for this combination), fresh greens for garnish.
- Vegetarian - bell peppers, onions, spinach, zucchini, capers, cheese.
- Seafood - tomato sauce, corn, tuna, and garlic oil, cheese.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Thank you for reading!
What is your favorite flatbread recipe? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Your feedback is so helpful and helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe.
Are you interested in starting a food blog? You can start any blog for cheap, at only $3.95 per month (applies if you make a purchase for 36 months upfront using my link, which is a very low price!). Additionally, you’ll get a free blog domain if you sign up with Bluehost. Take a look at my full blog post I've written on how to start a blog.
OUR FAVORITE EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you made this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Please tag me on IG @theyummy_bowl, using the hashtag #theyummy_bowl.
Easy Spinach Pesto Flatbread With Toppings
- 2 tablespoon basil pesto
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 6-8 black or green olives cut into circles
- ¼ cup corn fresh or canned
- ½ onion sliced into thin circles
- ⅔ cup semi-hard cheese shredded
- 4 ½ ounces fresh mozzarella cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for brushing
- fresh spinach leaves for garnish
- fresh greens for garnish
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Start by roasting the tomatoes. Pre-heat oven to 450 F.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and toss with olive oil, Italian seasoning blend, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While your tomatoes roast, prep the remaining ingredients and the garlic oil. To make garlic oil add 2 tablespoon of olive oil to a small bowl or dish, top with 3 minced garlic cloves, and set aside.
- Spread the flatbread with pesto and top with mozzarella first, then add the grated cheese. Leave a bit aside to sprinkle later on top of the ingredients. Next, add the remaining ingredients.
- Top with garlic oil over your flatbread ingredients and transfer back to the oven for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges golden brown.
- Garnish with fresh spinach or basil leaves, parsley, or any greens of your choice.
- Serve while it's hot!