This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
This Oregano Garlic Baked Chicken with Potatoes is full of aroma, quick and healthy meal that your family will beg you to make again and again!
Are you looking for a crispy roasted chicken with tons of flavor and aroma?
You will love this recipe with a blend of rich taste spices like oregano, curry, paprika.
Kefir marinade is the secret to making the chicken extra tender, yumm!
Fresh, cozy, warm, delicious – these are just a few words to describe this chicken recipe!
Does Oregano Go With Chicken?
Oregano either fresh or dried and garlic both go amazingly well with chicken and if you want to add a little twist, mixing in some curry, paprika (as in this recipe) will give you a whole new fresh taste to the traditional Oregano Chicken recipe.
Why We Love Oregano Garlic Chicken
- Super easy to make and everyone at the dinner table is guaranteed to be in love with this dish. After all, who doesn’t love a good yummy oven-baked chicken?
- Oregano! It’s a great antibacterial herb that helps you to fight off bacteria and viruses, it’s high in antioxidants, that help with cell damage. It’s enriched with vitamin K, manganese, iron, vitamin E, calcium, and tryptophan.
- Curry powder – delicious blend of Indian spices that are absolutely a must-have in your meals as they are loaded with nutrients and a wide range of health benefits.
IF YOU LIKE THIS RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Chicken & Broccolini – easy, healthy and full of Asian flavors
- Creamy Chicken Herbs de Provence – tender chicken in a creamy sauce filled with Provencal spices mmm …
*** See recipe card at the end of this post for ingredient quantities and detailed instructions***
Are you interested in starting a food blog? You can start any blog for cheap, at only $3.95 per month (applies if you make a purchase for 36 months upfront using my link, which is a very low price!). Additionally, you’ll get a free blog domain if you sign up with Bluehost. Take a look at my full blog post I’ve written on how to start a blog.
How To Make Oregano Garlic Baked Chicken Recipe
1. First, you’ll need to prepare the marinade.
In a deep bowl combine washed chicken thighs, kefir, and half of the amount of spices.
When I was younger, my dad use to marinate all kinds of meat in kefir. And I always loved the way his meat was cooked, so tender!
If you don’t have kefir you can use yogurt as a substitute, however, kefir will give the best results for achieving that super juicy and tender chicken.
Stir well, put in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 30 min. (If I have time I always try to marinate for 1 hr).
2. Peel potatoes and cut into wider strips. Transfer to a roasting pan greased with olive oil.
3. Add leftover spices to the potatoes and drizzle olive oil on top. Stir well until all the potatoes are covered with spices and oil.
4. Finely chop the garlic cloves or use a garlic cutter.
5. Transfer the marinated chicken on top of the potato and drizzle the leftover marinade on top.
Add and arrange tomatoes nicely.
6. Send it to a preheated to 375 °F oven and bake for 50 min or until chicken skin is golden brown.
7. You can garnish with dill, parsley, fresh oregano, or any greens you like.
Thank you for reading! I hope you’ll love this recipe!
Isn’t it an easy dinner recipe and so delicious? What’s your favorite way to eat chicken? Leave a comment down below, I would love to hear from you!
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on products used.
Full Nutrition Disclaimer can be found here.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Your feedback is so helpful and helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe.
OUR FAVORITE EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you made this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Please tag me on IG @theyummy_bowl, using the hashtag #theyummy_bowl.
Oregano Garlic Baked Chicken With Potatoes
- 4 Chicken thighs
- 6 Potato medium
- 8-10 Cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup Kefir or yogurt
- 1/2 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 2 tsp Paprika spice
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- In a deep bowl combine washed (and well dried with a paper towel) chicken thighs, kefir, and half of the amount of spices. Stir well, put in the fridge and let it marinate for at least 30 min. (If I have time I always try to marinate for 1 hr)
- Peel potatoes and cut into wider strips. Transfer to a roasting pan greased with olive oil.
- Add leftover spices to the potatoes and drizzle olive oil on top. Stir well until all the potatoes are all covered with spices and oil.
- Add garlic using a garlic cutter or chop finely.
- Transfer the marinated chicken on top of the potato and drizzle the leftover marinade on top. Add and arrange tomatoes nicely.
- Send to a preheated 375 °F (190°C) oven and bake for 40-50 min or until chicken skin is golden brown.
- Garnish with dill, parsley or your favorite greens and serve. Yumm-yyy!