Raspberry, Spinach and Beet salad - healthy, summer salad recipe loaded with raspberries, pecans, fresh spinach, and beet leaves. This recipe uses just a few ingredients and is simply delicious on its own. But what makes this salad special is the creamy Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
I love berries, all sorts of berries. Raspberries included.
Also, I'm a summer salad fanatic. For real.
But when if not now, experiment with fresh berries and create unique, tasty, and healthy summer salad recipes?
Besides, it’s sooo easy to make and the salad looks b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l on the table. Your friends and family will be quuuiiite impressed when you serve this salad at dinner, bbq or at summer party night. Promise you that!
Here at The Yummy Bowl, you can find similar yummy salad bowls like Arugula Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Almonds, Easy Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad and Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad.
These are perfect for large crowd gatherings or simply enjoying with family at the dinner table. This recipe is no different.
Lately, my second love is - experimenting with salad dressings! Oh my deliciousness, wait till you try this creamy goodness in a jar. SALAD DRESSING TO DIE FOR. What your go-to salad dressing? Creamy or more traditional olive oil-based salad dressings?
I usually try to prepare (as much as I can) new recipes that are not only yummy but healthy too. You know, the foods that are packed with high amount of nutrients and benefits for your health.
In fact, this summer salad has already two main nutrient-dense foods that you should be consuming regularly. Take a look at what are their benefits down below.
What are the benefits of beet greens?
Beet greens are iron-rich foods and a great source of nutrients including vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, copper, potassium, manganese, vitamin B2, magnesium, vitamin E, fiber, and calcium.
They contain zero saturated fat and cholesterol. And have a quite unique taste. If you haven't tried them yet, now is the right time 🙂
How healthy is baby spinach?
Like it’s fellow beet greens, baby spinach is loaded with vitamins A, C and K, magnesium, iron, and manganese.
It reduces blood pressure and is good for your eyes!
Raspberry spinach and beet salad recipe
For this salad, you’ll need 8 ingredients and my Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing.
In general, you can of course, customize the salad according to your taste but after testing different variations of this salad, I found that exactly these ingredients and quantities combined make a perfect summer salad recipe that anyone would love.
- ½ apple
- 2 tablespoon dried cranberry
- 12 pecan nuts
- 1 ⅓ oz feta cheese
- ½ red onion
- 4 cup baby spinach, washed and dried with a Salad Spinner
- 2 cup beet leaves, washed and dried with a Salad Spinner
- 1 avocado medium
- 10-15 raspberries
Serve this salad with
No post found!
How to make raspberry spinach and beet salad
Place dried cranberries in warm boiled water and soak them there for at least 5 minutes. Then strain and remove excess water, transfer to a plate, and pat dry with a paper towel.
Next, on a dry pan without oil over medium heat, toast pecans for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Prepare the rest ingredients for your salad. and start arranging nicely on your salad plate or a bowl.
Follow with crumbled feta cheese on top and when ready to serve, drizzle the Greek Yogurt Dressing over the salad.
I was amazed at how everything in this salad and in combination with the dressing looks and tastes just perfectly. I’m not kidding.
Seriously, this is the real deal. Try it for yourself!
How to store a summer salad:
This summer salad recipe keeps in the fridge for up to 2 days if stored in an air-tight container.
Moreover, it’s best that you simply mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl first, transfer to an air-tight container, and only add the dressing later when you are ready to serve.
This way, it will remain fresh and taste the best.
If you love this recipe, you might also like
- Raspberry Apple & Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Homemade Sweet Balsamic Glaze
- Easy Honey Mustard Soy Sauce
- Arugula Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Almonds
- Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad
Tips To Make The Best Raspberry, Spinach and Beet Salad
- Wash and dry all salad leaves using this Salad Spinner.
- Make this salad up to 4 hours ahead, just keep it covered in the fridge until needed and add feta cheese and dressing when serving.
- Always prepare the salad dressing before you chop up the salad ingredients. This way the dressing will taste even more delicious.
Raspberry, Spinach and Beet Salad Variations
- Serve this salad as a side dish or a wholesome meal. Add some protein like chicken or salmon to the mix and voila! you have a proper dinner on the table!
- Don’t have feta cheese? No problem! Any soft cheese like goat cheese, blue cheeses will work.
- Try using different nuts - caramelized almonds, walnuts. Both taste awesome!
- If you don’t have baby spinach, you can substitute with kale, arugula, or any other greens you have on hand. Same with beet greens.
I can't wait to hear how this salad turned out for you! What's your favorite summer salad combination?
Thank you for reading!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Your feedback is so helpful and helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you!
Raspberry, Spinach And Beet Salad
- ½ apple sliced
- 2 tablespoon cranberry dried
- 12 pecan nuts
- 1 ⅓ oz feta cheese crumbled
- ½ red onion sliced
- 4 cup baby spinach
- 2 cup beet leaves
- 1 avocado medium sliced
- 10-15 raspberry
- Place dried cranberries in warm boiled water and soak them for at least 5 minutes. Then strain and remove excess water, transfer to a plate, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Next, on a medium pan over medium heat (no oil), toast pecans for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare the rest ingredients for your salad and start arranging nicely on your salad plate or a bowl.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese on top and when ready to serve, drizzle with Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing.
- Serve immediately!