These carrots and beets are roasted to perfection and topped up with Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing. This dish is healthy, sweet and delicious, perfect to accompany any main course or to enjoy as a snack. Kids love them too!
Baking and oven-roasting your veggies are both great ways to accentuate the natural sweetness of beets and carrots.
The end result are crunchy, juicy and flavorful vegetables.
Moreover, vegetables are important sources of many nutrients, including potassium, dietary fiber, folate (folic acid), vitamin A, and vitamin C.
And beetroot is no exception.
What are the benefits of beetroot?
Beets contain a high concentration of nitrates, which have a blood pressure-lowering effect. This may lead to a reduced risk of heart attacks, heart failure, and stroke.
They are also a great way to reduce inflammation and help with your digestive system. We definitely try to add beetroot to our menu on a regular basis.
Roasted Carrots And Beets With Feta and Pecans Recipe
What you'll need:
- cajun spice mix
- olive oil
- pecan nuts
- fresh parsley for garnish
*** See recipe card at the end of this post for ingredient quantities and detailed instructions***[mailerlite_form form_id=17]
If you love this recipe, you might also like
- Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing
- Sweet and Spicy Tahini Dressing (Vegan)
- Raspberry Apple & Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Arugula Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Almonds
- Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad
How To Make Roasted Carrots And Beets
Wash the vegetables, peel (carrot, beetroot) and cut into short, thick stick like pieces.
Prepare the seasoning by mixing in a bowl salt, cajun spice, olive oil.
Now take a second mixing bowl and divide the seasoning into two. Mix the carrots and beets with seasoning separately from each other.
This step is done separately so carrots won’t be discolored because of beetroot.
Transfer the veggies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (smeared with olive oil). Cover with foil.
And roast in the oven (at 350 F) for 20 minutes.
After 20 minutes remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes.
Serve warm with sprinkled feta cheese, pecans, fresh parsley, and Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing.
This recipe is roughly for two persons.
Like it hot? Drizzle my homemade Buffalo sauce on top!
Should I cover vegetables when roasting?
No, it’s not totally necessary, but if you want more juicy and tender vegetables then I’d recommend covering your veggies with foil for the first 20 minutes of roasting and then removing the foil and baking 20 minutes more without the foil.
Roasting your veggies this way helps them to cook tender and to brown nicely in the end.
What meats go well with beets and carrots?
Oven Roasted beets and carrots are perfect side dish for rich meats like pork, beef brisket, duck, and ham, as well as oily fish like salmon or swordfish.
Why are my roast vegetables soggy?
It may happen when you arrange your veggie slices too close to each other. Remember, as veggies are being roasted they give off moisture and if arranged too close to each other they will steam rather than roast.
How do you like to cook your veggies? What's your favorite dish to serve with beets and carrots?
Let me know down in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!
Thank you for reading! Have a yummy day!
Easy Carrot Recipes
Roasted Carrots And Beets With Feta And Pecans
- 1 beetroot medium
- 2 carrot medium
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cajun spice mix
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ⅓ oz feta
- 8-10 pecan nuts
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Wash the vegetables, peel (carrot, beetroot), and cut into short, thick stick-like pieces.
- Prepare the seasoning by mixing in a bowl salt, cajun spice, olive oil.
- Now take a second mixing bowl and divide the seasoning into two. Mix the carrots and beets with seasoning separately from each other. This step is done separately so the other vegetables won’t be discolored because of beetroot).
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (smeared with olive oil). Cover with foil.
- Roast in the oven (at 350 F) for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the foil and bake another 20 minutes.
- Serve warm sprinkled feta cheese, pecans, fresh parsley and Greek Yogurt Herb Dressing. Enjoy!