This strawberry asparagus salad is crisp, healthy, and vibrant. This fresh salad is full of flavors and tossed with easy honey balsamic dressing.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Summer is here and no one wants to spend their precious time cooking in the kitchen for hours.
With this salad, you don’t need to! You’ll feed the whole family or even a crowd at a party, plus save your time!
You can have a delicious healthy salad ready literally in minutes!
You can always substitute this recipe to your liking and add your favorite ingredients.
What can be better than to enjoy a delicious fresh summer salad bowl on a beautiful summer evening in the garden with a nice glass of white wine?
Can’t wait to make this recipe? Let’s dive in!
P.S. Don’t have time now? Click on the pink button below to pin the post to your Pinterest Board and save for later!
Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad Recipe
All you need for this crunchy fresh summer salad is a few main ingredients and the rest you can substitute with any of your favorite ingredients.
If you’re running out of time and need to prepare in bulk, this is your salad to go for!
Asparagus Salad Ingredients:
- Asparagus – trimmed, washed and stalks cut into 3-4 pieces
- Almond – sliced and tossed into the salad
- Iceberg lettuce – or any of your favorite lettuce. Wash and dry using this Salad Spinner
- Strawberries – hulled and sliced or quartered
- Parmesan – grated and sprinkled on top
- Leeks – chopped into thin circles for a light crisp and delicious taste
- Quinoa – cooked as per package instructions. Let it cool down
- Radish – cut into thicker circles for extra crunch (or very thin, whatever you like)
If you love this recipe, you might also like
- Arugula Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Almonds
- Easy Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad
- Summer Salad With Strawberries
You can choose any berries, depending on what’s in season.
These berries are perfect for asparagus salad:
*** See recipe card at the end of this post for ingredient quantities and detailed instructions***
How To Make Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
1. Prepare Asparagus. Add the stalks into salted boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes max. Remove and rinse under cold water (important step, as it keeps the asparagus nice and crunchy)
2. Cut asparagus into three pieces.
3. Cook quinoa as per package guidelines. Let it cool down.
4. Slice strawberries into quarters.
5. Chop the leeks into thin circles.
6. Mix all the ingredients.
7. Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients together.
You are ready to serve!
PRO TIP: Best enjoyed in the summer outside with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc from Malborough or Chardonnay from France. And guys from Wine Of The Month will make sure to get your wine fast delivered to your doorstep! How cool is that?
Tips To Make The Best Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
- You could make this salad up to 4 hours ahead, just keep it covered in the fridge until needed. Just add parmesan cheese later when serving.
- I love to serve this salad with grilled chicken or steamed Salmon – tastes awesome with asparagus!
- This recipe serves 2 portions – for larger quantities just increase the amounts of the ingredients.
Easy Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad Variations
- Berries. Substitute strawberries with raspberries or any other berries of your choice.
- Season with garlic or onion powder.
- Toppings. Add crumbled feta or goat cheese.
- Serve for dinner. Throw some grilled chicken on the salad to add some protein for a wholesome meal.
- Add nuts. Caramelized or regular almonds, pecans, or walnuts. I’ve also used poppyseeds and pine nuts, both taste yummy and ads a little more crunchiness to your salad.
- Instead of Quinoa add Pearl Couscous.
How To Store Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad
This asparagus salad recipe keeps in the fridge for up to 2 days if stored in an air-tight container.
It’s best that you simply mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl first, transfer to an air-tight container and only add the dressing when you are ready to serve.
This way, it will be fresh and taste the best.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Thank you for reading!
What are your favorite variations for a Spinach Salad? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear from you!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Your feedback is so helpful and helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe.
Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad
- ⅓ cup quinoa cooked
- 10 strawberry medium
- 6 asparagus trimmed and stalks cut into 3-4 pieces
- 2 cup lettuce chopped
- 3 radish sliced
- ⅓ cup leeks sliced
- 1 tbsp almond flakes
- 2 tbsp parmesan grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa as per package guidelines. Let it cool down.
- Prepare Asparagus. Add the stalks into salted boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes max. Remove and rinse under cold water (important step, as it keeps the asparagus nice and crunchy)
- Cut asparagus into thirds.
- Slice strawberries into quarters.
- Chop the leeks into thin circles.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Prepare the salad dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
- Pour over the fresh salad and serve immediately.
- You could make this salad up to 4 hours ahead, just keep it covered in the fridge (without the dressing) until needed and then top up with salad dressing.
- I love to serve this salad with grilled chicken. Grilled or steamed Salmon tastes awesome with asparagus as well.
- Serve warm or cold quinoa in the salad.