Frozen yogurt bark is a healthy snack on its own, add some strawberries, cookies, and almond flakes and it becomes a tasty dessert. It takes 5 minutes to make, 6 ingredients and it’s a great after school snack for kids and adults alike!
This is one of my favorite healthy snacks to make, and they look so cute! You can really go crazy with different flavors and toppings.
Whatever you like, strawberries, coconut, peanut butter, jams .. mm yum, you can’t really go wrong with this!
This week I’m also testing out some chocolate and matcha yogurt flavors. I Will let you know how it turned out!
If you like recipes with strawberries be sure to check out my other recipes such as Quick Strawberry Mousse (No Gelatin), Strawberry Pistachio Galettes From Cottage Cheese Dough (Gluten Free), Homemade Mixed Berry Dessert Sauce for pancakes!, Easy Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad or simply insert word ''strawberry'' into the search bar.
- Easy Berry Frozen Yogurt Cups
- Hazelnut Cherry Granola Bars (Gluten Free)
- Blueberry Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Ingredients for Strawberry Greek Yogurt Bark RECIPE
It’s a frozen yogurt that you can customize with any flavors you want. Also, for yogurt variations: feel free to go for a dairy-free/ vegan yogurt options like coconut yogurt, milk or cream, almond milk yogurt, or soy yogurt (contains gluten).
I normally use plain yogurt and then customize it with my fav ingredients. It’s healthier than buying flavored yogurts with tons of additional ingredients that are not so healthy.
As I’m lactose intolerant, I make Lacto free yogurt for myself and for the rest of the family regular ones. Both options freeze beautifully!
For this frozen yogurt bark recipe you’ll need 6 ingredients :
- Greek yogurt
- fresh or frozen strawberries
- almond milk
- almond flakes, crushed
- honey (depending on the sweetness level you want to achieve, 2 tablespoon will be rather sweet and 1 tablespoon will taste more natural yogurt flavor)
How to make Strawberry Greek Yogurt Bark
Start by mixing yogurt and almond milk in a medium bowl.
Follow with honey and mix well.
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish lined with parchment paper (This is important, don’t forget the parchment paper because trust me, it will be hard to remove the yogurt as soon as it’s frozen).
Even out the yogurt by shaking the dish for a few seconds and add your toppings.
Freeze for at least 3 hours, better overnight.
Take them out from the freezer, let them thaw for 5 minutes, and enjoy your healthy snack!
Which frozen yogurt is the healthiest?
Frozen yogurt makers often claim it is a healthier alternative to ice cream, but that depends on the ingredients.
Yogurt is usually lower in fat and calories than ice cream, but it can be just as high in sugar. This is why it’s important to read the label and choose plain yogurt like Greek yogurt with no added ingredients.
How Long does the frozen yogurt to melt?
You want to start eating it after 5 minutes you take them out of the freezer. Frozen yogurt barks will start melting in 5-10 minutes (also depending on how thick and how many toppings you have).
I found that if frozen yogurt contains soft toppings like granola, peanut butter or jams it tends to melt really quickly.
Have you tried frozen yogurt bark? What are your favorite toppings?
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I'd love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest! Your feedback is so important and it helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you, appreciated!
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Bark
- 2-3 cookies
- A Handful of fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoon almond milk
- ½ tablespoon crushed almond flakes crushed
- 1-2 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Start by mixing yogurt and almond milk in a medium bowl.
- Follow with honey and mix well. (Depending on the sweetness level you want to achieve, 2 tablespoon will be rather sweet and 1 tablespoon will taste more natural yogurt flavor)
- Transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper (important, don’t forget the parchment paper because it will be hard to remove the yogurt as soon as it’s frozen, believe me!)
- Even out the yogurt by shaking the dish for a few seconds and add your toppings.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours, better overnight.
- Take them out from the freezer, let them thaw for 5 minutes, and enjoy your healthy snack!
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on the products used.
Full Nutrition Disclaimer can be found here.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you made this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Please tag me on IG @theyummy_bowl, using the hashtag #theyummy_bowl.