This chicken curry is easy to make and is loaded with rich flavors of turmeric, ginger, curry and cumin. Combined with rice makes one delicious hearty dinner recipe. So easy to spice it up too.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
I’m in love with the curry recipes lately. This curry is made with super simple ingredients and you won’t need curry paste for it.
I promise you’ll have a delicious comforting dinner in less than 30 minutes. It’s also perfect for meal prep and the ready-made curry can be stored in freezer for a long time.
Ingredients for Turmeric Coconut Chicken Curry recipe
- ground turmeric
- ground cumin
- coconut milk
- vegetable/chicken stock
- lime juice
- orange juice
- salt and pepper
- cashew for garnish
How To make Turmeric Coconut Chicken Curry
In a large skillet cook onion until translucent and slightly brown.
Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, curry, cumin, add more olive oil to the skillet if needed. Set aside.
Easy Eggplant Recipes
If you like more easy eggplant recipes you must check these out!
- Creamy Chicken With Spinach, Bacon And Sundried Tomatoes
- One Pot Coconut Curry Noodles
- Oven-Baked Eggplant Halves With Raspberry And Goat Cheese
- Squash Spread (Russian Caviar recipe – Kabachkovaya Ikra)
Meanwhile boil the rice following the instructions on the package.
In the same skillet cook chicken on high heat for about 3 minutes on both sides (seasoned with salt and pepper prior).
Stir in coconut milk, vegetable/chicken stock, lime, and orange juice. Depending on how much sauce you’d like (and the amount of rice served) you can increase the vegetable or chicken stock quantity). Mix well until chicken covered in the sauce. Leave it to simmer a couple of minutes.
STEP 6 – SERVE
Transfer to serving bowls, garnish with chopped cashew nuts and enjoy!
And I also love to spice things up by adding fresh chili or chili flakes to my end recipe result.
How to store
- Can be stored in the fridge for about 2-3 days, just add some vegetable stock or coconut milk whenever you ready to reheat them.
- You can also freeze the curry if you want for up to 2 months.
- Usually, curries can be made with more added vegetables, I just wanted to keep things simple here and have a simple chicken recipe. Depending on what you have on hand, feel free to add your favorite vegetables like bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms in addition to chicken. You may want to increase the sauce and spices amount in this case.
- For the vegan curry option, I like to use potatoes, chickpeas, butternut squash (oh, so good!), or sweet potato instead of chicken. These beautiful veggies absorb really well all the spice flavors.
- Shrimps will also work well here.
Here you have it, delicious curry recipe. Easy, wasn’t it?
I hope you’ll love this recipe.
What’s your favorite vegetables and meat or fish to use in curry?
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest! Your feedback is so important and it helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you, appreciated!
Want More Yummy?
Turmeric Coconut Chicken Curry
- 1 onion small
- 9-10 oz chicken boneless skinless (chicken thighs are the best to use)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 curry powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4-6 tbsp chicken stock or vegetable stock
- ½ of medium lime juice
- ½ of small orange juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- a handful of cashew nuts for garnish
- fresh greens like parsley, oregano leaves for garnish
- In a large skillet cook onion until translucent and slightly brown.
- Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, curry, cumin, add more olive oil to the skillet if needed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil the rice following the instructions on the package.
- In the same skillet cook chicken (cut in medium-sized strips) on high heat for about 3 minutes on both sides (seasoned with salt and pepper prior).
- Stir in coconut milk, vegetable stock, lime, and orange juice. Mix well until chicken covered in the sauce. Leave it to simmer a couple of minutes.
- Transfer to serving bowls, garnish with chopped cashew nuts, and enjoy!
– Can be stored in the fridge for about 2-3 days, just add some vegetable stock or coconut milk whenever you ready to reheat them.
– You can also freeze the curry if you want for up to 2 months.
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on the products used.
Full Nutrition Disclaimer can be found here.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you made this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Please tag me on IG @theyummy_bowl, using the hashtag #theyummy_bowl.