Vegan White sauce, also known as vegan bechamel sauce has just a few ingredients that any Vegan foodie should have in their kitchen.
The luscious creamy sauce is the perfect base for any pasta dish.
Staple recipes. Some have few, some have more. And this classical vegan white sauce aka Vegan Bechamel sauce is the ultimate base for every (vegan) foodie.
A great chef always has few easy and quick recipes up his sleeve. Especially sauces. And this sauce is the easiest ever to make.
For milk - use oat or cashew milk or any other your favorite plant based milk.
Salt, pepper and nutmeg - add to taste, and don't be afraid to add more!
Nutritional yeast flakes - this is the number one ingredient in any vegan dishes, tastes like cheese!
Let's make Vegan White Sauce!
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until thickened and bubbly.
Finally pour in the oat milk and whisk vigorously until the sauce thickens.
When you’ve reached the desired thickness (the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools), remove it from the heat. Garnish with black ground pepper or nutmeg and serve warm!
Easy Vegan Sauces
ALL SAUCE recipes.
I hope you enjoy this Vegan White Sauce and can't wait to see your photos!
I would appreciate it so much if you left a comment about this recipe below! Subscribe to join the TYB newsletter and receive free recipes straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, IG & Pinterest!
Vegan White Sauce
- 8 tablespoon vegan butter ((or regular if not vegan))
- 3 tablespoon flour (gluten-free if desired)
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock (bouillon)
- nutmeg, black ground pepper (for garnish (optional))
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until thickened and bubbly.
- Reduce the heat to low and gradually add nutritional yeast, season with salt, and pour in the bouillon.
- Finally pour in the oat milk and whisk aggressively until the sauce thickens.
- When you’ve reached the desired thickness (the sauce will continue to thicken as it cools), remove it from the heat.
- Garnish with black ground pepper or nutmeg and serve warm!
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)