No Bake Chocolate Energy Bites with Dried Fruit
These no-bake chocolate energy bites are filled with natural ingredients, natural sweetener, are gluten-free, and can be made vegan very easily. Guaranteed to satisfy your sweet cravings and your body get the nutrients that you need!
For Energy Bites
- ¾ cup Dried plum chopped or pulse in a food processor (150g)
- ¼ cup Dried apricot chopped or pulse in a food processor (50g)
- 2 ½ tbsp Honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 heaping tbsp Dark mini chocolate tears or chips optional
- ½ cup Walnuts chopped (50g)
- ¼ tsp Kosher Salt
For Chocolate covered glaze
- ½ cup Dark chocolate chips or shredded chocolate 100g
In a medium mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for energy bites and stir with a fork to combine.
Add lemon juice and honey or maple syrup. (I prefer honey as it is acting as a better binding agent rather than maple syrup).
Roll the mixture into balls (slightly smaller than a whole walnut) and transfer to a baking dish (or a cookie sheet) lined with parchment paper or foil. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare the glass mixing bowl and saucepan for melting the dark chocolate chips using the double boiler method (or microwave). Right before removing the balls from the fridge, melt the chocolate, and using two forks, dip each ball into the chocolate. Transfer each ball back on the baking sheet and refrigerate overnight (preferably, but if in a hurry check after 1-3 hours that the chocolate has set and the balls are firms).