This Strawberry Salsa is luxurious, sweet, and with a little hint of jalapeno. It is a great appetizer addition to barbecue table, summer parties, and simply great enjoyed on its own.
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 half of a small red onion finely diced
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 1 whole lime freshly squeezed juice
- ½ tsp granulated white sugar or light muscovado sugar
- 1 pinch Himalayan fine pink or kosher salt to taste
- 1 pinch Black ground pepper to taste
- Add ons - freshly chopped mint (be careful, as chopped mint may start to lose its color and become brown) and sliced or chunks of avocado.
- This recipe makes about 1 1/2 - 2 cups of strawberry salsa.
- If cilantro is not your favorite, simply sub with parsley or a little bit of basil or mint.