Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad
Strawberry asparagus salad - crisp, healthy, and vibrant. This fresh salad is full of flavors and tossed with easy honey balsamic dressing.
- ⅓ cup quinoa cooked
- 10 strawberry medium
- 6 asparagus trimmed and stalks cut into 3-4 pieces
- 2 cup lettuce chopped
- 3 radish sliced
- ⅓ cup leeks sliced
- 1 tablespoon almond flakes
- 2 tablespoon parmesan grated
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 ½ tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook quinoa as per package guidelines. Let it cool down.
Prepare Asparagus. Add the stalks into salted boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes max. Remove and rinse under cold water (important step, as it keeps the asparagus nice and crunchy)
Cut asparagus into thirds.
Slice strawberries into quarters.
Chop the leeks into thin circles.
Mix all the ingredients.
Prepare the salad dressing by mixing all the ingredients together.
Pour over the fresh salad and serve immediately.
- You could make this salad up to 4 hours ahead, just keep it covered in the fridge (without the dressing) until needed and then top up with salad dressing.
- I love to serve this salad with grilled chicken. Grilled or steamed Salmon tastes awesome with asparagus as well.
- Serve warm or cold quinoa in the salad.