This crispy chicken ciabatta sandwich is delicious and loaded with pan-fried breaded chicken breast, crispy ciabatta buns, crunchy lettuce, creamy paprika sauce and comes out perfect EVERY TIME. No deep-frying required!
If you like chicken dinner recipes be sure to check out my Crispy Chicken Wrap, Chicken Fried Rice, Turmeric Chicken Coconut Curry, or Chicken Zucchini Casserole, simply type the word ''chicken'' into the search bar.
Why It's Yummy
- These crispy chicken ciabatta sandwiches are quick and easy to make! If you only have 30 minutes or less to make dinner, then this crispy chicken recipe will definitely save you some time! You'll serve a delicious chicken dinner in under 30 minutes.
- The flavors of breaded chicken combined with crusty ciabatta bread and topped with creamy paprika sauce are the best thing ever. Seriously.
- You don’t have to sacrifice your cravings. Even if you are gluten free allergic or intolerant, you too, can enjoy a ciabatta sandwich that is a truly comfort food any season.
- Cheese - I used Provolone cheese, but your next options are Gouda, Cheddar cheese ( freshly shredded for this one as it will melt better), mozzarella cheese, grated.
- Chicken breast - preferred and boneless, skinless. I do not recommend using frozen for this but if it is what you have then it is fine too. But for best flavor and result, always use fresh raw chicken breasts.
- Breadcrumbs - any gluten-free breadcrumbs will work, also panko for the extra crispy result.
- Paprika Sauce - use sweet or regular paprika powder for this.
Let's learn how to make chicken ciabatta sandwiches in under 30 minutes!
Paprika sauce: Mix all the creamy paprika sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside in the fridge.
Pound chicken breasts flat and season with salt and pepper.
Prepare three individual bowls: with flour, eggs, breadcrumbs.
Dip each chicken breast first in flour, then beaten egg, and lastly into breadcrumbs.
Make sure to coat the chicken thoroughly, especially during the last step.
Flip and place a slice of provolone cheese on top of the chicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes. The chicken should be crisp and golden brown on the outside.
When done cooking, place the chicken on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
Proceed to assemble the chicken sandwiches. Spread a thick layer of the paprika sauce on each ciabatta roll cut side up and fill the sandwich with chicken, lettuce, tomato, and onion.
- The breaded chicken can be kept in the fridge for up to 2-3 days but is better to enjoy it right away like all the fried foods, no matter if they are deep fried or not.
- Be sure to add plenty of seasoning and thoroughly coat and dip the chicken in each step, especially the last one, the breadcrumbs.
- Like it hot? Drizzle my homemade Buffalo sauce on top!
- Use a kitchen thermometer to check the oil temperature (at least 325F) and the chicken (around 165F) for doneness. This way you'll have the most crispy chicken on the outside and tender soft on the inside.
- Cook the chicken in batches, not touching each other in the pan. This allows the oil to be absorbed evenly and not too quickly which may result in soggy tasting chicken breasts pieces.
- The sauce may taste slightly strong once you have whipped all the ingredients together. BUT once you assemble the crispy chicken sandwiches the flavors will balance and compliment each other.
- You can add a little extra sour cream, mayonnaise or plain thick yoghurt to the sauce if you feel so.
- You may end up with some extra creamy paprika sauce, use it to dip fries or veggies in it.
- Make sure to fry the crispy chicken on medium to high heat, otherwise if the pan is not hot enough the chicken will not crisp and end up being overcooked.
These Crispy chicken ciabatta sandwiches like any other similar food will go well together with:
- French fries - when serving these with chicken sandwiches make sure that they are made same time so all the fried foods stay warm and hot when serving.
- Sweet potato fries - same tips as with the french fries!
- Crispy onions
- Green salad
- Cabbage salad
- Dill pickles
- Green or other sprouts
- Yellow Mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise and ranch dressing as an alternative to honey mustard sauce
- Pickled jalapenos, onions
What's the best oil for frying?
For best frying results I'd recommend sunflower, peanut, or canola oil. Most of the fried foods need an oil temperature of around 325˚F to 375˚F. These oils are from varieties high in monounsaturated fats, which are well-suited for high heat.
Why is my fried chicken not crispy?
There can be a few reasons why your fried chicken didn't turn crispy. The common thing is that the temperature is too low or not high enough, not enough oil is used.
What is the secret to good fried chicken?
For the best-fried chicken, I recommend marinating it before in any chicken marinade of choice or simply make a double batch of honey mustard sauce used in this recipe. Leave the chicken in a bowl and pour over the marinade until all the chicken pieces are fully submerged. Alternatively, a kitchen zip lock bag will do the trick too. Marinated for at least one hour.
Why is my fried chicken coming out soggy?
To make sure your chicken stays crispy and not soggy, you'll want to use enough oil and the correct temperature. The oil should be simmering hot (at least 325F) before adding the chicken. I usually use about ⅓ cup per 2 smaller chicken breasts. It is not the deep-frying method obviously where you submerge the whole piece of chicken into the oil. It is still a pan-fried version and enough oil is required for the chicken to be crispy and cook through.
What are the most popular sandwich fillings?
- Ham and cheese.
- Ham salad.
- Cheese and onion.
- Egg mayonnaise.
I hope you'll enjoy this chicken ciabatta sandwich recipe and if you make it, please let me know down below in the comments or by tagging @theyummy_bowl under your picture on Instagram.
Thank you for reading,
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I'd love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest! Your feedback is so important and it helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you, appreciated!
Want More Yummy?
Easy Chicken Sandwich Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Tostadas
- Homemade Crunchwrap Supreme
- Baked Chicken Taquitos
- Crispy Chicken Wrap
- Creamy Chicken Tacos
Crispy Chicken Ciabatta Sandwich
- 1 large chicken breast cut in half lenghtwise
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ½ cups of gluten free breadcrumbs or GF panko
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
For the Sandwich
- ½ small Red onion onion sliced thin circles
- 4 leaves of romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 1 small tomato sliced thin circles
Creamy Paprika Sauce
- 5 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons of sour cream
- ⅛ teaspoon mustard with seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ tablespoon heaping sweet pickle relish
- ¼ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika sweet or regular
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, set aside.
- Pound chicken breasts flat and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare three individual bowls: with flour, eggs, breadcrumbs.
- Dip each chicken breast first in flour, then beaten egg and lastly into breadcrumbs. Make sure to coat chicken thoroughly, especially during last step.
- Cook each chicken breast in a large skillet over medium to high heat for about 3-4 minutes on one side. Flip and place a slice of provolone cheese on top of the chicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes. The chicken should be crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- When done cooking, place the chicken on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- Toast the ciabatta rolls int he oven or skillet until crisp and dgolden brown (optional).
- Proceed to assemble the chicken sandwiches. Spread a thick layer of the paprika sauce on each ciabatta roll cut side up and fill the sandwich with chicken, lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Depending on the size of your chicken you may end up with 3-4 sandwiches. Just cut the chicken to the size needed for ciabatta 9it is fine it is slightly larger than the actual bread) and proceed as per instructions.
- Why is my fried chicken coming out soggy? To make sure your chicken stays crispy and not soggy, you’ll want to use enough oil and the correct temperature. The oil should be simmering hot (at least 325F) before adding the chicken. I usually use about ⅓ cup per 2 smaller chicken breasts. It is not the deep-frying method obviously where you submerge the whole piece of chicken into the oil. It is still a pan-fried version and enough oil is required for the chicken to be crispy and cook through.
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on the products used.
Full Nutrition Disclaimer can be found here.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
If you made this recipe I would love to see it and share it! Please tag me on IG @theyummy_bowl, using the hashtag #theyummy_bowl.
Need a different visual? This recipe is also available as a story!