This Pasta Salad Recipe With Cheddar Cheese Cubes is easy to make ahead and is loaded with all the yummy things like peas, lettuce, spring onions, cucumber, and my favorite cheddar cheese. A fun twist on a classic cold pasta salad because it’s more healthy, fresh, and suitable for vegetarians (can be made without cheese of course if desired).
Summer is all about easy and healthy recipes that don’t take a lot of time cooking and are easy for stomach.
This salad is made with gluten free pasta and surprise, surprise tastes really delicious!
Prepare this salad as a side dish for a barbecue party or take it to a potluck. Definitely will be a highlight of the table!
Drizzle this salad with Oregano Mustard Vinaigrette, let it soak a bit in the salad and it's ready to serve!
If you like fulfilling salad bowls be sure to head over to my Salad Section or try one of these yummy salads such as Salmon Salad, Cold Pasta Salad With Smoked Sausage, Asian Slaw With Tangy Peanut Dressing, Eggplant Chickpea Salad.
What Ingredients you'll need for this Pasta Salad recipe
You only need few ingredients and 5-15 minutes of your time.
Feel free to customize it with whatever vegetables you like. Remove the cheddar and it'll be an even lighter salad, suitable for vegans!
You'll need 6 ingredients for this easy salad:
- green fresh peas
- pasta (gluten-free if desired)
- green salad/lettuce
- spring green
- small cucumbers
- cheddar cubed
- Oregano Mustard Vinaigrette
OUR FAVORITE EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
How to make Pasta Salad With Cheddar Cheese Cubes
Cook pasta as per bag instructions, season with salt.
Let it cool and then mix all salad ingredients in a salad bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. You can serve it with fresh spring onions and oregano leaves on top.
This pasta salad makes about 4 portions.
You can refrigerate this salad but best consumed immediately because Gluten-free pasta (if using) becomes too hard after a while.
If you do store it, let it sit a bit until it reaches room temperature. It's just my personal preference, but feel free to store it as is the most convenient for you.
- Oregano Mustard Vinaigrette
- Healthy Purple Cabbage Salad
- Raspberry Beet And Spinach Salad
- Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad
Tips making the best Pasta Salad With Cheddar Cheese cubes
- Don’t overcook your pasta - it will result in mushy pasta especially when mixed with all the rest ingredients.
- Let the pasta cool before adding the ingredients. Pasta salad should be not very cold and served at room temperature. Besides, You want to have the rest ingredients as fresh as they come.
- Let the salad sit a bit after you have poured in the dressing. It’ll allow the pasta to soak all the flavors before serving.
- Make sure to choose the highest quality gluten-free pasta, this way it will actually taste like real pasta!
Pasta Salad with cheddar cheese cubes variations
- Make an Italian pasta salad - add in some salami, olives, artichoke and Italian seasoning
- For your protein add tuna or grilled/fried chicken
- Pepperoni will also taste delicious in this recipe!
Pasta Salad With Cheddar Cheese Cubes
- 1 cup green fresh peas
- 9 oz pasta gluten-free if desired
- 4 cup green lettuce salad romaine lettuce, chopped
- ⅓ cup green onion chopped
- 2 cucumber small
- 4 oz cheddar cubes
- ½ teaspoon thyme dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano dried
- 1 teaspoon balsamic
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as per bag instructions, season with salt.
- Let it cool and then mix all salad ingredients in a salad bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Let the pasta salad sit a bit to soak in the ressing flavors before serving.
- Serve with fresh spring onions and fresh oregano leaves on top.
Store. You can refrigerate this salad but best consumed immediately because Gluten-free pasta (or regular one as well) becomes too hard after a while. If you do store it, let it sit a bit until it reaches room temperature. It's just my personal preference, but feel free to store it as is the most convenient for you.