Creamy Chicken Cheddar Cheese Sauce - Chicken smothered in a rich and creamy cheddar sauce with parsley is a truly heartwarming, so cozy, and one perfect dinner meal. Very quick and easy dinner recipe idea to make from scratch which only takes you 30 minutes to make.
The recipe requires just a handful of simple ingredients which you most probably already have in the fridge. If you love how easy this cheddar chicken is you should try my other popular recipes including cheesy Chicken Broccoli Pasta, the ultimate Alfredo Bake and cheesy Chicken With Spinach.
And everyone will think you spend hours and hours making this recipe, when in fact it will take you less than 30 minutes.
Creamy Chicken With Cheddar Cheese Recipe
I’m all about easy dinner recipes. One-pan dinner recipes are my favorite (especially noodles) but I also like to make a simple sauce with chicken or just veggies and serve it over rice.
Add some freshly chopped cucumber and tomato salad and you're done, that’s it! Super easy and tasty dinner is ready.
Here's what you'll need for this Creamy Chicken with Cheddar Cheese:
chicken breasts, boneless skinless
pinch of salt
For the sauce you'll need:
a bunch of parsley
How To Make Creamy Chicken With Cheddar Cheese
After you make this heavenly cheesy deliciousness it will become a staple in your house. Mark my words.
Moreover, you won’t need to buy a ready-made cheese sauce ever again, once you make it, you’ll never eat the store-bought sauce.
Here's how to make it:
1. Wash chicken breasts, pat dry with a tissue.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half, and then each piece into 3. Which will make a total of 12 chicken pieces.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat.
4. Season the chicken with salt and transfer to the skillet. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Leave it aside.
(Cook on high heat, don’t reduce the heat. Cooking this way will result more tender chicken from the inside and slightly crispy from the outside.)
5. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the same skillet, add sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add cream, take it to a boil, and reduce heat. Don’t boil! Cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Then, top with grated cheese and chopped parsley, mixing everything well until cheese is melted.
8. Return chicken to the skillet and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Taste if you need more salt at this point. The cheddar is quite salty itself, so you might skip the salt.
10. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and your delicious dinner is served!
This recipe serves 3-4 people and takes only 30 minutes to make.
What to serve with Creamy Chicken and Cheddar Cheese
- Lime Cilantro Rice
- your favorite veggies - sautéed or roasted or try Roasted Carrots and Beets.
- broccoli - for extra quick meal add steamed broccoli on the side. It takes just a few minutes to steam the broccoli and tastes very light and yummy.
- serve this creamy chicken goodness over some steamed rice, pasta, mashed potatoes or go for lighter option quinoa.
Easy Dinner Recipes
For more easy gluten-free chicken recipes check out my Chicken recipe index. One of my all-time favorites include Chicken Broccoli Pasta, easy creamy Chicken Thighs recipes, or these delicious creamy Chicken Tacos. For more inspiration check out the following easy dinners:
ALL DINNER recipes.
I hope you’ll love this easy dinner recipe that only takes 30 minutes to prepare.
I would appreciate it so much if you left a comment about this recipe below! Subscribe to join the TYB newsletter and receive free recipes straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, IG & Pinterest!
Creamy Chicken Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (butterflied (I used 6 breast halves))
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
Cheddar Cheese Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup sharp cheddar (grated)
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves (chopped)
- Wash chicken breasts, pat dry with a tissue. Pound the halves with a meat tenderizer. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter with olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside.
- Lower the heat and stir in the heavy cream. Take it to a gentle boil, and simmer for 3-5 minutes until the sauce starts thickening.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and chopped parsley leaves, stirring and mixing everything well until cheese is melted and sauce thickened even more.
- Return chicken to the skillet, add chili flakes and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Taste if you need more salt. The cheddar is quite salty itself, so you may want to leave it as it is.
- Garnish with parsley and you are ready to serve your delicious dinner!
Storage. Once properly cooled transfer to an airtight food container and store in the fridge 2-3 days.
If the sauce seems too thick when reheating, add chicken broth, milk, or a bit of water to the sauce.
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)