Creamy Chicken Cheddar Cheese Sauce – Chicken smothered in a rich and creamy cheddar sauce with parsley is a truly heartwarming, so cozy, and one perfect dinner meal. Very quick and easy dinner recipe idea to make from scratch which only takes you 30 minutes to make.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
Where are all my cheese lovers? Oh boy, oh boy, you gonna love it!
If you like me, a proper cheese fan, then this dish will blow your mind!
If only I could, dip and bake and coat and roast and cover, and cook eeeevery dish in cheese. Oh yes, then I definitely would!
Am I crazy? Maybe just a little bit. Crazy about cheese!
Unfortunately, as much as I love cheese, it wouldn’t be the healthiest way to eat on a regular basis. Oh, well …
But hey, it won’t hurt occasionally to make one good cheesy meal. Right?
If you don’t love cheese, then you won’t understand and probably we can’t be friends.
P.S. Don’t have time now? Click on the pink button below to pin the post to your Pinterest Board and save for later!
Ok, ok, just kidding! We can still be friends…
And by the way, this Creamy Chicken With Cheddar Cheese smells SO GOOD, you’ll be getting tons of compliments, for sure!
And everyone will think you spend hours and hours making this recipe, when in fact it will take you less than 30 minutes.
Creamy Chicken With Cheddar Cheese Recipe
I’m all about easy dinner recipes. One-pan dinner recipes are my favorite (especially noodles) but I also like to make a simple sauce with chicken or just veggies and serve it over rice.
Add some freshly chopped cucumber and tomato salad and you’re done, that’s it! Super easy and tasty dinner is ready.
Here’s what you’ll need for this Creamy Chicken with Cheddar Cheese:
chicken breasts, boneless skinless
pinch of salt
For the sauce you’ll need:
a bunch of parsley
How To Make Creamy Chicken With Cheddar Cheese
After you make this heavenly cheesy deliciousness it will become a staple in your house. Mark my words.
Moreover, you won’t need to buy a ready-made cheese sauce ever again, once you make it, you’ll never eat the store-bought sauce.
Here’s how to make it:
1. Wash chicken breasts, pat dry with a tissue.
2. Cut each chicken breast in half, and then each piece into 3. Which will make a total of 12 chicken pieces.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat.
4. Season the chicken with salt and transfer to the skillet. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Leave it aside.
(Cook on high heat, don’t reduce the heat. Cooking this way will result more tender chicken from the inside and slightly crispy from the outside.)
5. Add 1 tablespoon butter to the same skillet, add sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add cream, take it to a boil, and reduce heat. Don’t boil! Cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Then, top with grated cheese and chopped parsley, mixing everything well until cheese is melted.
8. Return chicken to the skillet and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Taste if you need more salt at this point. The cheddar is quite salty itself, so you might skip the salt.
10. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and your delicious dinner is served!
This recipe serves 3-4 people and takes only 30 minutes to make.
What to serve with Creamy Chicken and Cheddar Cheese
- Lime Cilantro Rice
- your favorite veggies – sautéed or roasted or try Roasted Carrots and Beets.
- broccoli – for extra quick meal add steamed broccoli on the side. It takes just a few minutes to steam the broccoli and tastes very light and yummy.
- serve this creamy chicken goodness over some steamed rice, pasta, mashed potatoes or go for lighter options like quinoa, bulgur (by the way, this is a truly hidden gem!).
I hope you’ll love this easy dinner recipe that only takes 30 minutes to prepare.
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest! Your feedback is so important and it helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you, appreciated!
Thank you for reading! Have a yummy day!
Want More Yummy?
Creamy Chicken Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 1 lb chicken breasts boneless skinless
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- Pinch of salt
- For the sauce:
- 6-7 mushrooms (or more if you love mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup cheddar grated
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves chopped
- Wash chicken breasts, pat dry with a tissue.
- Cut each chicken breast in half, and then each piece into 3. Which will make a total of 12 chicken pieces. (If you want, you can also cut the chicken breast into long strips. The chicken will cook even faster this way)
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and transfer to the skillet. Cook for 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Leave it aside. (Cook on high heat, don’t reduce the heat. Cooking this way will result in more tender chicken from the inside and slightly crispy from the outside.)
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to the same skillet, add sliced mushrooms and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cream, take it to a boil, and reduce heat. Don’t boil! Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese and chopped parsley leaves, stirring and mixing everything well until cheese is melted.
- Return chicken to the skillet, add chili flakes and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Taste if you need more salt. The cheddar is quite salty itself, so you may want to leave it as it is.
- Garnish with parsley and you are ready to serve your delicious dinner!
Storage. Once properly cooled transfer to an airtight food container and store in the fridge 2-3 days.
If the sauce seems too thick when reheating, add chicken broth, milk, or a bit of water to the sauce.