This Dalgona Whipped Iced Coffee recipe calls for four simple ingredients to make the best homemade iced coffee drink. Indulge yourself in the most delicious iced drink with fluffy clouds of whipped coffee over milk.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
An easy, creamy, and superb refreshing drink to enjoy this summer. And it only takes about 5 minutes to whip up!
If you are a coffee fan (which I’m sure you are if you stumbled across this post), then after making this recipe you’ll have a new favorite way of drinking your coffee.
Especially in the hot summer days!
You probably have seen it everywhere online and now it’s your time to make and enjoy it at home.
Ingredients for Dalgona Whipped Iced Coffee
You’ll need just 4 simple ingredients that you already have in your kitchen!
- instant coffee
- granulated sugar
- warm water
What tools you’ll need to make this Dalgona Whipped Iced Coffee…
- Electric or Hand mixer – I made it with a hand mixer and it turned out just perfect!
- A spoon
- Beautiful glass or cup
When I first time made it following one of the viral videos online, they advised to whip it up using a whisk.
Well, it seemed so easy but I tried and was rather unsuccessful. Or let’s say, impatient.
It’s totally doable without a mixer, but it takes way longer to reach the consistency that you’re aiming for.
So no point to waste our precious time here, just use hand mixer or an electric one.
How to make Dalgona Whipped Coffee At Home
In a medium mixing bowl, mix together 2 tbsp instant coffee, 2 tbsp sugar, and 2 tbsp hot water.
Mix the ingredients. Use a high-speed setting on your hand or electric mixer to beat the mixture.
At first, when you’re beating all the ingredients it’ll look like nothing is happening, the mixture is too liquid and dark. But after a few minutes, you’ll see it magically thickening and changing to a lighter brown color.
Do this around 5 minutes until soft peaks form and the coffee mixture reaches a creamy consistency.
(If you still see too many bubbles around, just beat it a bit longer. But it shouldn’t have too many bubbles after 5-7 minutes, and if you’re using the high-speed setting.)
Well, my friend, you’re almost done.
Take your favorite glass, add some ice and fill it halfway with the milk (full-fat milk or any type of different milk like soy milk, vanilla soy milk, almond, coconut will be great!).
Dollop the whipped coffee on top and serve. Wow, congrats you have some amazing barista skills!!
Feel free to increase the amounts according to number of desired servings.
One of the common mistakes, why coffee mixture won’t turn fluffy, is that you’re using too much water or not beating enough your mixture. Be patient and the results will come!
How To Drink Dalgona Whipped Iced Coffee After Making It
You finally made the perfect whipped coffee and at this point wondering how to drink it.
It’s simple! You’ll need to stir the coffee in with a spoon so that it is nicely blended with the milk.
This is the best way to drink it.
It may look amazing as it is, but you can’t really drink it with a straw like you would a normal iced coffee.
The whipped coffee on top tastes quite bitter, so you need to mixed up with the milk first.
PRO TIP: If you still find your final result too bitter try adding some sweet coffee syrup (my favorite is chocolate, almond or irish coffee syrups).
Or you may want to add flavored creamer to your milk just right before you top it up with the whipped coffee.
- Top it up – sprinkle your whipped coffee with cinnamon, cocoa powder, shredded milk or dark chocolate, crushed Oreos … whatever you like, it’s your amazing creation!
- Add different flavors – add syrups like chocolate, almond, hazelnut, mint either to the milk or later when stirring in the coffee and blending with milk.
- For softer taste – add few dashes of vanilla extract when whisking up the instant coffee.
That’s it! Here you go, a super easy coffee recipe!
What’s your favorite Iced Whipped Coffee variations?
Thank you for reading! Have a yummy day!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I’d love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest! Your feedback is so important and it helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you, appreciated!
OUR FAVORITE EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
Dalgona Whipped Iced Coffee
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together 2 tbsp instant coffee, 2 tbsp sugar, and 2 tbsp hot water.
- Use a high-speed setting on your hand or electric mixer to beat the mixture. At first, when you’re beating all the ingredients it’ll look like nothing is happening, the mixture is too liquid and dark. But after a few minutes you’ll see how magically it starts to thicken and instantly changing color to a lighter brown.
- Do this around 5 minutes until soft peaks form and the coffee mixture reaches a creamy consistency.
- (If you still see too many bubbles around, just beat it a bit longer. But it shouldn’t have too many bubbles after 5-7 minutes, and if you’re using the high-speed setting.)
- You’re almost done.
- Take your favorite glass, add some ice and fill it halfway with the milk (full-fat milk or any type of different milk like soy milk, vanilla soy milk, almond, coconut and etc are perfect for this).
- Dollop the whipped coffee on top and serve. And your magical creation is done! Congrats you have some amazing barista skills!!