This creamy mango pineapple smoothie is loaded with fresh tropical flavors! Made with simple ingredients, such as fresh banana, sweet pineapple, and juicy mango chunks.
These natural ingredients in this tropical smoothie will provide a boost of energy for a healthy breakfast - a refreshing and creamy smoothie that you can enjoy on a hot summer day.
Ingredients For Mango Smoothie
My few comments on the ingredients + don't forget to read the Tips section!
The full recipe and ingredients can be found in the recipe card below this post.
- Coconut milk (Regular or light coconut milk) - You could also use coconut water, almond milk (sweetened or unsweetened almond milk), oat milk, or soy milk.
- Frozen pineapple chunks - Fresh pineapple can be used instead or canned pineapple.
- Frozen mango chunks - Fresh mango can be used instead.
- Banana - This thickens the smoothie and adds natural sweetness. Frozen bananas can be used.
- Lime - For freshly squeezed juice and one lime for optional. You could use bottled lime juice if in a pinch. Pineapple juice, lemon juice or orange juice are great alternatives.
- Garnish - Mint leaves and lime as an optional garnish.
Add banana, mango, and pineapple into a high-powered blender.
Drizzle with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Then pour in coconut milk and blend until smooth.
Garnish with lime wedges and mint.
Serve this tropical mango smoothie right away. Enjoy!
- I’ve used frozen mango and pineapple, but you could also use fresh fruit. The frozen fruit makes the smoothie thicker and creamier. The frozen fruit also keeps the smoothie chilled without having to add ice.
- Add greens such as spinach or kale for a green smoothie with an extra boost of nutrients.
- Coconut milk is the chosen liquid base for this smoothie. You could also use coconut water or almond milk, however, the smoothie will not be as thick.
- A natural sweetener, such as honey or pure maple syrup, can be added for extra sweetness in this smoothie. Add, taste, and adjust as required.
- Blend the smoothie mixture well for 30 minutes until well combined.
- I’ve garnished this smoothie with fresh mint leaves and lime wedges. You could also garnish the smoothie with shredded coconut, chia seeds, or chopped nuts.
- If you’re using fresh fruit, consider adding crushed ice or smaller ice cubes to the blender as a way to create a thicker chilled smoothie.
- Other healthy add-ins could include protein powder, ginger, and turmeric.
- For a thicker smoothie, add a dollop of yogurt (either vegan yogurt like coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt).
- Enjoy this mango-pineapple smoothie for breakfast or as a pre-workout snack.
- This mango pineapple smoothie recipe can also be enjoyed as a smoothie bowl.
- Related: Strawberry Overnight Oats, Cranberry Overnight Oats.
Freezing And Storing Instructions
This mango smoothie is best enjoyed right away. However, you could store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Or freeze for longer but it will be difficult to thaw it later.
This tropical smoothie recipe is made from frozen mango, frozen pineapple, banana, coconut milk, lime juice, and garnish (mint leaves and lime wedges).
Yes! Pineapple and mango contain high amounts of vitamin C, which can reduce wrinkles, increase collagen production, and promote eye health. The banana in the smoothie adds healthy carbohydrates, potassium, and good fiber.
Using coconut milk makes this smoothie vegan-friendly and dairy-free.
This tropical smoothie is rich in minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants which can have anticancer effects, improved immunity, better digestive health, and eye health.
Absolutely! This tropical mango pineapple smoothie is rich in fiber which will keep you feeling fuller for longer. This smoothie contains no refined sugar, is low in calories, and is completely plant-based.
Easy Tropical Recipes
I would appreciate it so much if you left a comment about this recipe below! Subscribe to join the TYB newsletter and receive free recipes straight to your inbox! Let's connect via Facebook, IG & Pinterest!
Tropical Mango Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 banana
- 1 lime juice (+ lime wedges for garnish)
- mint leaves (for garnish (optional))
- Add banana, mango, and pineapple into a high-powered blender.
- Drizzle with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Then pour in coconut milk and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with lime wedges and mint.
- Serve this tropical smoothie right away. Enjoy!
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)