This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. Please see my disclosure for more details.
This is an Easy Spinach Feta Salad – fresh baby spinach, feta, and strawberry with a light dressing of honey, mustard and sesame, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. The perfect quick & easy dinner for two, for the whole family or for a crowd to bring to a party!
A simple 4 ingredient salad that tastes like summer in a bowl, with no need of wasting your time for hours in the kitchen!
You can have a delicious healthy salad ready literally in minutes - 10 minutes to be precise.
This spinach salad is fresh, crisp, and super versatile. The salad is perfect to enjoy for lunch on its own but could also be served with most of the main dishes.
Easy Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad Recipe
All you need is just a few ingredients for the salad and top up with the best salad dressing ever.
If you’re running out of time and need to prepare in bulk, this is your salad to go for!
P.S. Don't have time now? Click on the pink button below to pin the post to your Pinterest Board and save for later!
This salad uses simple ingredients are:
- Spinach - wash and dry using this Salad Spinner
- Strawberries - cut into quarters for a delicious bite
- Feta cheese - crumbled and tossed into the salad or simply sprinkled on top
- Avocado - cut into cubes to add creamy texture to the salad
Sounds too easy? Just top up with delicious honey mustard salad dressing and enjoy!
If you love this recipe, you might also like
For this spinach salad, you can choose any berries, depending on what’s in season.
I’ve used all sort of berries in the past for my Easy Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad:
They all go well with spinach and feta, just try for your self. You can also mix a selection of different berries in one salad. Yummy!
*** See recipe card at the end of this post for ingredient quantities and detailed instructions***
Are you interested in starting a food blog? You can start any blog for cheap, at only $3.95 per month (applies if you make a purchase for 36 months upfront using my link, which is a very low price!). Additionally, you’ll get a free blog domain if you sign up with Bluehost. Take a look at my full blog post I've written on how to start a blog.
How To Make Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
STEP 1: LET'S PREPARE THE HONEY MUSTARD SALAD DRESSING
1. Start with the dressing as it needs to sit a few minutes before you pour it over the salad.
2. To make the dressing, whisk honey, sesame oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard in a Mason jar or small bowl.
3. Blend well until you have a creamy dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
If you’re using a Mason jar then the best way to combine all the ingredients is to simply close the lid and give it a good shake and you have a nice, silky, and creamy texture.
You can also adjust the amount of honey to your taste.
STEP 2: PREPARE THE SALAD
1. Now prepare the salad by mixing all the ingredients in a salad bowl. You can also mix only strawberries, spinach, and avocado first and then add crumbled feta cheese on top.
Up to you, it tasted delicious in any way! Add a pinch of salt and pepper, or more to taste.
2. Pour the salad dressing mixture over your ingredients and serve immediately.
Tips To Make The Best Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad
- You could make this salad up to 4 hours ahead, just keep it covered in the fridge until needed and add feta cheese when serving.
- Always prepare the salad dressing before you chop up the salad ingredients. This way the dressing will taste even more delicious.
Easy Strawberry Spinach Salad Variations
- Serve this salad as a side dish or a wholesome meal. I love to serve this salad with grilled chicken or salmon in smoked paprika spice. The grilled chicken option is actually one of my best and popular salads in our family!
- Don’t have feta cheese? Any soft cheese like goat cheese, blue cheeses will work.
- Add nuts - caramelized almonds, walnuts, or pecans. All three taste awesome!
- If you don’t have baby spinach, you can substitute with kale, arugula, or any other greens you have on hand.
How To Store Spinach Salad
This strawberry spinach salad recipe keeps in the fridge for up to 2 days if stored in an air-tight container.
It’s best that you simply mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl first, transfer to an air-tight container and only add the dressing when you are ready to serve.
This way, it will be fresh and taste the best.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Thank you for reading!
What are your favorite variations for a Spinach Salad? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to hear from you!
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. Your feedback is so helpful and helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe.
OUR FAVORITE EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
Easy Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 5-6 strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt pepper to taste
- HONEY MUSTARD SALAD DRESSING
- Start with the dressing as it needs to sit a few minutes before you pour it over the salad. To make the dressing, whisk together honey, sesame oil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard in a Mason jar or small bowl, and set aside.
- Blend all ingredients well until you have a creamy dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you’re using a Mason jar then the best way to combine all the ingredients is to simply close the lid and give it a good shake and you have a nice, silky, and creamy mixture.
- Let the salad dressing sit for 5 minutes, then serve.
- Serve immediately or keep it refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Prepare the salad by mixing all the ingredients in a salad bowl. Alternatively, you can mix strawberries and spinach first and then add crumbled feta cheese on top. Up to you, both ways it will taste delicious!
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, or more to taste.
- Pour the salad dressing mixture over your ingredients and serve immediately.