These air fryer pork chops are incredibly tender and flavorful and will only take you 9 minutes to make!
Each seasoned pork chop is cooked to a crispy golden brown exterior and can be paired with mashed potato, whipped sweet potatoes, air fryer fingerling potatoes, roasted broccoli, or green salads - perfect for busy weeknights!
Try my Pan Seared Pork Chops With Herbs recipe next!
There is a skip-to-recipe button in the top left corner along with a clickable table of contents list (just below) that will quickly take you to the part you are more interested in. Enjoy!
My few comments on the ingredients + don't forget to read the Tips section!
The full recipe and ingredients can be found in the recipe card below this post.
- Pork chops - I’ve used ½-inch thick bone-in pork chops, but feel free to use boneless chops. Keep in mind that boneless pork chops will cook much faster. Thicker cut chops will provide very juicy pork chops, although they will need an extra minute or two of cooking time.
- Seasoning and aromatics - I’ve used black pepper, minced garlic, smoked paprika, and ground mustard (don't skip this one!), which are responsible for the bursts of flavor in the pork chops. Cayenne pepper could also be added for a slight kick of heat or create your own seasoning blend for this recipe.
- Cooking oil - Use high-quality cooking oil such as avocado oil or good extra virgin olive oil. Any vegetable oil, canola, or grapeseed oil are suitable.
- Brown sugar - The sugar creates a beautiful caramelization for a crispy crust on each side of the pork chops.
Preheat the air fryer (I use Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer which fits 3 pork chops easily in one go) to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
Wash and pat dry pork chops with a paper towel.
Mix oil and seasonings in a small bowl and coat the pork chops generously until fully covered. Use all the seasoning mix.
Air fry for 9 minutes turning the chops over halfway. Pork chops are ready when the internal temperature measures a minimum of 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
Remove from the air fryer basket and let rest on a plate for 5 minutes for best results. The temperature should now reach about 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Serve with your favorite garnishes (I like to serve these with honey Dijon mustard sauce, cheesy asparagus, smothered Cabbage, and Brussels sprouts).
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket as the hot air in the air fryer requires good circulation. If you plan on making more pork chops, cook them in batches instead. It only takes 9 minutes for this thickness!
- You can season these pork chops in the morning and store them in the fridge in an airtight container for the day to cook that evening for your main dish. This will act as a kind of marinating and intensify the flavors in the pork.
- Flipping the pork chops midway during the cooking time will ensure that you get a beautiful crispy crunch on both sides of the chops.
- Consider adding some freshly grated parmesan cheese in addition to the seasoning rub for even more flavor!
- Keep this air fryer pork chops recipe low carb by serving a side dish such as cauliflower mash or steamed broccoli and other veggies.
- You can apply some cooking spray to the basket when air frying these pork chops but it's not absolutely necessary since the chops are already coated with oil. I always try to use less oil in my recipes whenever possible. Except for salads, lots of high-quality olive oil!
I like to serve these air fryer pork chops with simple garnishes such as mashed potatoes, cauliflower, steamed veggies (broccoli and green beans especially good), or a side salad.
Freezing And Storing Instructions
Storing. Store the cooked air fryer pork chops in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2-3 days. For best flavor cook as much as you’ll eat in one go.
Reheat leftover chops in the oven, covered with aluminum foil, to prevent them from drying out. About 300 degrees until warmed through.
Freezing. If you need to freeze the pork it is best you freeze them uncooked. USDA recommends storing whole uncooked pieces of pork for up to 6-12 months.
Make ahead. Rub the pork chops with seasonings and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days. On the day of cooking follow the instructions in this recipe.
I’ve used thin pork chops (about ½ -inch thick) which take 2-4 minutes to cook per side over medium-high heat in the air fryer.
You can opt for thick pork chops of 1-inch thickness, which will take 4-6 minutes per side to cook at the same heat in the air fryer.
This depends on their thickness greatly. ½ inch thick pork chops should be cooked at 375-380 degrees F in the air fryer for 9 minutes.
Use an instant-read thermometer to prevent serving undercooked pork chops to your family or dinner guests. Insert the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the pork chop, which should register 145 degrees F for the meat to be safe to eat.
While it may be tempting to stack pork chops in an air fryer as a way to cook more pork chops at one time, I don’t recommend doing so. And this actually applies to any air fryer food.
The air fryer requires good air circulation to cook the pork chops evenly and create a crisp exterior. Staking will have the same effect as steaming when overcrowding the air fryer basket. The best way to cook these chops in the air fryer is in a single layer.
You can achieve juicy air fryer pork chops by cooking thick-cut bone-in pork chops. The chops' bones help insulate the meat, which contributes to the juicy and tender meat.
Allowing the cooked pork to rest for about 5 minutes before serving will also help all the juices reabsorb into the meat, giving you the best pork chops!
Easy Air Fryer Recipes
The air fryer has become my new favorite way of enjoying food, in particular veggies. The cooking time is reduced in half, the texture crispy and flavor incredible. I use my Cosori a lot!
Want to explore more air fryer recipes? Please visit my Air Fryer recipe index right here.
Easy Gluten Free Dinner Recipes
ALL DINNER recipes.
I hope you'll enjoy this recipe, please leave a rating on this recipe below and leave a comment, take a photo of your food and tag me on Instagram @theyummy_bowl. I love seeing your creations!
Thank you for reading,
9-Minute Air Fryer Pork Chops In Delicious Marinade
- 2 pork chops bone in (I used about ½ inch thick pork chops)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash and pat dry pork chops with a paper towel. Mix oil and seasonings in a small bowl and coat the pork chops generously until fully covered. Use all the seasoning mix.
- Air fry for 9 minutes turning the chops over halfway. Pork chops are ready when the internal temperature measures a minimum of 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the air fryer and let rest on a plate for 5 minutes for best results. The temperature should now reach about 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with your favorite garnishes ( I like to serve these with homemade mustard sauce and broccoli).
(Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.)
Julia | The Yummy Bowl
Easy and quick pork chops cooked in air fryer!
We’re they tough? I have pork chops boneless and they are thin, Should I shorten the time?
Julia | The Yummy Bowl
how thin are the chops? I'd recommend shortening the time or making just 1 first to test and if needed air fry for longer?