This Strawberry Arugula Salad with Caramelized Almonds is one of my favorite salads to make. It’s easy, flavorful, and great for side dishes or served with grilled chicken as a wholesome dinner. Top it up with a light olive oil-based salad dressing for a perfect finish.
If you haven’t tried berry based salads yet, please try this super simple recipe! I can almost promise that you’ll love it.
It’s crunchy, fresh, and full of flavors which a perfect summer salad should be.
The combination of tasty fresh ingredients like arugula, strawberries, almonds and feta cheese makes it a great candidate for the best summer salad recipe.
If you like recipes with strawberries be sure to check out my other recipes such as Quick Strawberry Mousse (No Gelatin), Strawberry Pistachio Galettes From Cottage Cheese Dough (Gluten Free), Homemade Mixed Berry Dessert Sauce for pancakes!, Easy Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad or simply type word ''strawberry'' into the search bar.
What you’ll need for this delicious Strawberry Arugula fresh summer salad:
For your Salad base you’ll need 3 ingredients:
- arugula leaves
- feta cheese
For Salad Dressing you’ll need 4 ingredients:
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- sugar (white or brown)
- lemon juice
- Seasoning: Salt and pepper to taste
To make Caramelized Almonds you’ll need 3 ingredients:
*** See recipe card at the end of this post for ingredient quantities and detailed instructions***
HOW TO MAKE Strawberry Arugula Salad with Caramelized Almonds
STEP 1: PREPARE THE DRESSING
Start with preparing the dressing for your salad. You will want to do it as your first step because the dressing needs to sit a bit for the best flavor.
1. To make the dressing take a Mason jar or similar and combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
2. Close the jar lid and give it a good shake and transfer to the fridge for 10 minutes.
Shaking helps the sauce ingredients to combine well, especially when one of the ingredients is olive oil.
STEP 2: CARAMELIZED ALMONDS
1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add almonds, sugar. butter. Stir constantly with a rubber heatproof spatula until the nuts are evenly coated in the mixture. (5 minutes)
2. When it’s done, immediately transfer the almonds to parchment paper. Wait until nuts will harden together and then separate them.
STEP 3: PREPARE THE SALAD
1. Prepare your arugula by washing and drying it in a Salad Spinner.
2. Throw the arugula leaves into salad bowl and pour the salad dressing on top. Stir to combine. Or you can just drizzle the sauce over the salad when ready.
3. Slice strawberries and spread evenly over the salad, then add crumbled feta cheese.
4. Finally add caramelized almonds to your fresh salad and serve!
Your fresh summer salad is ready to be served with beautiful fruity Sauvignon Blanc (preferably from Marlborough). Enjoy!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Raspberry Apple & Goat Cheese Flatbread
- Homemade Sweet Balsamic Glaze
- Easy Honey Mustard Soy Sauce
- Arugula Chicken Salad with Strawberries and Almonds
- Strawberry Asparagus Quinoa Salad
TIPS TO MAKE THE BEST Strawberry Arugula Salad with Caramelized Almonds
- You could make this salad up to 4 hours ahead, just keep it covered in the fridge until needed. Just add feta cheese later when serving.
- I love to serve this salad with grilled chicken or steamed Salmon – tastes awesome!
- This recipe serves 2 portions – for more servings simply increase the amounts of the ingredients as needed.
Strawberry Arugula Salad with Caramelized Almonds variations
- Drizzle the salad with homemade Balsamic glaze.
- For extra flavor add caramelized almonds (almonds toasted with a bit of butter, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder and sugar to taste until caramelized texture.)
- Berries. Substitute strawberries with raspberries or any other berries of your choice.
- Instead of feta, you can try goat cheese, slices of camembert, or brie.
- Serve as a wholesome dinner. For protein throw some grilled chicken or salmon (seasoned with smoked paprika spice) on top. Delicious!
- Instead of almonds: Caramelized or regular pecans or walnuts. Poppyseeds and pine nuts will also work great!
HOW TO STORE Strawberry Arugula Salad with Caramelized Almonds
This fresh summer salad recipe can be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
It’s best that you simply mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl first, transfer to an air-tight container and add the feta cheese and dressing later when you are ready to serve.
This way, it will be fresh and taste the best.
Wow your guest with this easy summer salad recipe and make sure to have some extra bowl in the fridge!
What’s Your favorite fresh summer salad recipe?
If you try this recipe, please leave a comment and a star rating below. I'd love it if you would share it on Facebook or pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest! Your feedback is so important and it helps other TYB readers who are planning to make this recipe. Thank you, appreciated!
Thank you for reading! Have a yummy day!
OUR FAVORITE EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
Strawberry Arugula Salad with Caramelized Almonds
- 4 cups arugula leaves
- 1 oz feta cheese
- 1 cup strawberries or more
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar white or brown
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup almonds
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- To make the dressing take a Mason jar or similar and combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Close the jar lid and give it a good shake and transfer to the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat and add almonds, sugar. Butter. Stir constantly with a rubber heatproof spatula until the nuts are evenly coated in the mixture. (5 minutes)
- When it’s done, immediately transfer the almonds to parchment paper. Wait until nuts will harden together and then separate them.
- Prepare your arugula by washing and drying it in a Salad Spinner.
- Throw the arugula leaves into a salad bowl and pour in the salad dressing. Stir to combine.
- Slice strawberries and spread evenly over the salad, then add crumbled feta cheese.
- Finally, add caramelized almonds to your fresh salad and serve!
Note: Nutrition information is estimated and varies based on the products used.
Full Nutrition Disclaimer can be found here.